Seasonal (June-September) Hotel Reservationist position available. Position is available for 10-15 hours per week at the $10 per hour. Saturday and Sunday mornings are required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes reservations by telephone, email, or web bookings.
- Processes reservations from the sales office, other hotel departments, and travel agents.
- Knows the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout.
- Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages plans.
- Collaborates with multiple properties and communicates reservation information to their front desks.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
- Understands the hotel’s booking policies.
- Processes advance deposits on reservations.
- Assists in preregistration activities when appropriate.
- Monitors advances deposit requirements.
- Handles daily correspondence. Responds to inquires and makes reservations as needed.
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance and work area at all times.
- Promotes goodwill by beings courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, mangers, and fellow employees.
- To be aware of all front office procedures and assist with reception/front desk duties when required.
- Willing to undertake any reasonable request made by management in any other areas of the house.
High school graduate or equivalent. Experience with multi-property reservations system is helpful. Previous hotel front desk of reservations experience is required.