TRAVEL INFORMATION: COVID-19 UPDATE
Safeguarding Our Guests
COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease that can lead to serious illness and death. Vulnerable populations, including older adults and people of any age who have a significant underlying medical condition, may have a higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). While our hotels and restaurants are taking measures recommended by the public health authorities to mitigate the transmission of the disease and its impact on the people in our area, by visiting any of the Kennebunkport Resort Collection Hotels or Restaurants, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
FAQs For Your KPT Vacation (updated 04/05/22)
What are the current travel requirements in Maine?
- Please review all of the current state travel requirements at Maine.gov.
- As of May 1, 2021, Maine no longer requires proof of a negative test or quarantine for travelers to the state.
Do I have to wear a mask?
- Effective May 24, 2021, Maine aligned with U.S. CDC guidance to allow fully vaccinated individuals to not wear face coverings indoors.
- Maine CDC recommends that anyone who is not fully vaccinated continues to wear a face covering in public indoor settings.
What’s open in Kennebunkport?
- Everything! Hotels, restaurants, shopping, art galleries, and the beautiful Maine beaches are all open for business and excited to welcome you.
- Please contact our Reservations Department at 1-800-573-7186 for details.
For more information on travel guidelines to the state of Maine please visit the Maine State website found here: Maine Travel Guidelines. Updates on the re-opening of Maine can be found here: Restarting Maine.
We want all our guests to feel safe, comfortable and confident while staying with us. As seasoned hospitality and food & beverage professionals, we have taken precautions and preventive measures in line with World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations along with State, Federal and local guidelines to ensure that a clean, safe, healthy environment is provided for our guests and staff.
Please be assured we always adhere to best practices and highest standards to ensure that any and all commonly touched surfaces throughout the hotel is thoroughly washed, cleaned, and sanitized throughout the day. Proper hand-washing is also of paramount importance in the prevention of spreading germs, and we will continue to remind our guests and be vigilant with staff about these basic hygienic principles. As we have changed how we operate in order to be socially responsible, we wanted to share everything we are doing to reassure you it is safe to stay with us.
- Our employees in all departments have undergone specific Coronavirus training to ensure the highest levels of health and safety, and hygiene procedures.
- Employees have been trained to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer every 60 minutes and immediately after any of the following activities: using the restroom, touching the face, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, after removing any personal protective equipment, going on break and before or after starting a shift.
- If an employee is showing symptoms of COVID-19 such as a fever, cough or shortness of breath, they have been advised to NOT come to work.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been placed in common areas throughout the resort as well as in employee back-of-house areas such as time clocks, breakrooms, locker rooms.
- Employees have also been asked to practice physical distancing whenever possible.
Physical Distancing - Our role in the hospitality industry has always been to bring people together but until it is safe to do so, we ask that you stay at least six feet away from others not traveling with you while standing in line or sitting in public spaces.
- We encourage you to utilize mobile check-in if available and express checkout on your smart TV. Please make sure we have your current email address on file to ensure delivery of your final folio and/or cell number to text you the information.
- Meeting Spaces- After every event, the room is cleaned and disinfected.
During your stay: To expedite the check-in process, please contact the hotel prior to your arrival to ensure we have all your necessary information such as all guest names occupying the room, mobile phone number and email address.
- We are spending extra time using sanitizing methods in advance of your arrival and our staff will avoid entering a room that has been cleaned.
- Our disinfectant products meet EPA criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- We have added additional cleaning staff to increase the frequency of deep cleaning and disinfecting surfaces of public touch points throughout the day including but not limited to elevator buttons, door knobs, handles, faucets, hand rails, pool chairs, trash-receptacle touch points, key pads, luggage carts, stairwells, fitness center, counters, dining surfaces and seating areas.
- All checkout rooms are sanitized following strict industry cleaning procedures with particular attention paid to disinfecting door handles, hard surface furniture, tables, nightstands, furniture knobs and handles, light switches and thermostats, drapery pull handles, telephone and keypad, remote control, alarm clock, television, safety latch and peephole, trash receptacle, faucet handles, toilet and shower handles. Once we leave a room that has been cleaned, we know it is sterile. If you require your room to be serviced during your stay, please let us know at least 4 hours in advance and we will service it for you.
- All laundry will be washed using the warmest appropriate water setting as recommended by the CDC.
- Employees have been trained to sanitize their workstation and any shared tools/equipment before, during and after each shift or anytime the equipment is transferred to another employee. These items include but are not limited to radios, keys, phones, computers, keyboard, mouse, payment terminals, engineering tools, cleaning equipment, time clocks, carts and other items employees directly touch throughout the property.
As we continue to monitor the constantly changing situation surrounding COVID-19 and modify our operation as needed, please check our website for updates. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you.